Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Run

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of running (really more walking) in Swedish Summer Run in Seattle. Adam has been a working machine the last couple of weeks, his fellow officers are taking vacations so he's had the opportunity to get some over time. It's great money but I sure miss my husband. He was working so he wasn't able to join us on the walk.

The Swedish Summer Run raises money for Ovarian Cancer. I feel like ovarian cancer is often overlooked to breast cancer. This run is really close to my heart and I feel honored to be a part of it. We are coming up on one of the hottest weeks here in Seattle so we were all a little sweaty and uncomfortable. Including my little buddy Jack. He decided half way through the walk he didn't want to be in the stroller anymore, so Sarah (his mom) and I switched off carrying him. He gave us a little extra workout with his 25 lbs. It was really fun being with such great friends (Anna and Sarah) and getting some exercise for such a great cause.





No comments:

Post a Comment