Sometimes it's good to be married to a Redneck ;-)
Last Saturday Adam and I took off on our motorcycle to Rhonda's 30th White Trash Party up in Concrete, WA (about an hour and a half from our house). Adam had to work the next day so we weren't able to spend the night but we wanted to stay as long as we could. So we left around midnight and started to head home. Someone must have been looking out for us that night. We started to run out of gas as we could see the neon lights of the AM/PM in Sedro Woolley. We literally ran fully out of gas as we pulled up to the gas stall. WHEW!!! We were both smiling, thinking how luckily we were. But that was only half the battle.
We filled up the tank and went to leave and the bike wouldn't start- Fabulous! we are now stuck in Sedro Woolley (this tiny town) at 1am. Thank goodness my husband knows a little about cars and said I could just push him and then he would "drop it into second" I have no idea what that meant but I was willing to give it a go. Just picture both of us in full leather (chaps included) Adam on the motorcycle and me pushing him around and around the AM/PM. Yes, even we were laughing at ourselves. When I couldn't push hard enough, Adam started to run and try to do it himself. Believe me when I tell you this had me laughing so hard it hurt. After 15 minutes of this we stopped and tried to think what we were going to do next. We called some of our friends but no one answered. We were stranded, I came to the conclusion we would have to tow it and all I could think about was how expensive that was going to be.
Then the Rednecks "night in shining armor" came walking up to the AM/PM. Three teenagers that were coming to get some Slurpee's and nachos (because there doesn't seem to be too much to do in Sedro Woolley). Adam started to talking to them in a Redneck language and I had absolutely no clue what they were saying, something about dropping the clutch?? I just stood back and watched.
Finally the three teenagers were able to help Adam get it started!! After compensating the teenagers by buying their Slurpee's and nachos we headed home.
WOW what an event!!! I'm happy to say we made it home safe and sound.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This made me a nervous wreck! I'm so glad it had ahappy ending! I would have been totally freaking out! You're a good writer...I am enjoying reading these stories! Coleen
ReplyDelete