Monday, November 30, 2009

Officer's Wife


I'm blogging today with a sad heart. Recently there have been two incidents in our state where officers have been killed. The first one on Halloween night, one police officer was writing a report in his car and was executed by a drive by shooting. The next happened on Sunday morning. Four officers were sitting in a coffee shop, a man walked in, and started shooting at the officers, two were killed execution style, and the other two were able to put up a fight but all 4 died. Adam and I spent most of yesterday watching the news and talking to other officers Adam works with.
It makes me so sad that these officers but their lives on the line everyday for everyone else and then some A** takes it upon himself to take their lives. It's amazing how many people lives were changed in seconds. The 4 officers leave a total of 9 children, spouses, family members, and co workers, who's lives are now changed forever. I can only image the way their spouses felt with the Sargent standing at their door with the bad news. My heart goes out to all those families. My thoughts and prayers are with all of them. I feel so honored and proud to be married to a police officer.
Here's a poem I heard on the way to work:

My Husband, The Police Officer

"Forever and always is my love for you
My hero, my best friend, my guy in blue
So young and so handsome it's hard not to stare
As you strap on your vest and other police wear
So strong and so courageous as you patrol the street
While I stay at home worrying under the sheets
When you leave for work, I never say goodbye
Its "Babe I love you, and have a safe night"
The best sound I hear is the unlocking of the door
Your home THANK GOD! I won't worry anymore
You kiss me on the forehead and tell me you love me
I say the words back, but I still feel empty

Because although your in my arms for the rest of the night
I worry for all the nights to come, will tomorrow be alright?
I guess the only thing to do is to take it a day at a time
And pray for God to help you when you're out fighting crime."

Adam will be wearing a band around his badge in honor of his fellow fallen officers.




1 comment:

  1. That is amazing.... That story has sickened me. I can't believe that someone would do that. Horrible. I love your post, thanks for sharing all that...

    ReplyDelete