Last night I had dinner with one of my best friends Britt from highschool (we were locker partners our freshman year and have been besties ever since). It was so great to catch up with her!! I love love love her!!! It was so nice to have a night out that I didn't talk about babies and kids. Most of my friends/family either have kids or are trying to have a baby and it consumes our conversation. It was such a breath of fresh air to just talk about life and what's going on without having the pressure of having a baby or the focus of the conversation being on children and babies.
We talked about how it's so hard for our generation to just "be happy" with what stage we are in life. How it's so funny that everyone seems to think the grasses is always greener. We are constantly comparing ourselves to everyone else, instead of just being content with what we have. It's so easy to be jealous of others but after talking to Britt last night, I decided something: I'm going to spend more time focusing on the good and being surrounded by people that make me happy. Life is too short.
Here's a picture of Britt and I from the wedding:
No comments:
Post a Comment